Basic Telephone Service
Don't sacrifice quality and reliability. NHTC has been providing affordable local telephone service to your friends and neighbors for more than 50 years.
Residential Rate - $16.25
Business Rate - $32.55
Note: Federal and state access charges, fees and taxes are not included in there prices, and are listed separately on your monthly bill.
Inside Wire Maintenance - $2/mo
Protect yourself from costly service fees and material charges for wire repairs. For a low monthly fee you save money on service calls and repair fees.
- To establish service you must come into the office. If you wish for your account to be a joint account, both parties will need to be present to sign the service application.
- The person making application must reside at the residence where service is to be connected.
- You must be 19 years of age to enter into a legal contract in the state of Alabama.
- A deposit maybe required based from Online Utility Exchange report Deposit ranges from $0 to $100.
- Deposit amount may vary for established subscribers that are reconnecting.
- Deposit + interest drawn are refunded after 1 year of established credit.
- Connection fee for a residential telephone is $45.15.
- Connection fee for a business telephone is $60.15.
- Deposit and connection fees must be paid up front.
- Most phone services are connected within 3 to 5 working days.
- Subscribers must call the toll carrier they wish to use and have them fax an LOA to New Hope Telephone Cooperative for NHTC to assign requested toll carrier to their line. Fax should be sent to 256-723-2800 to the attention of Paula Hendrix.
- All toll carriers will bill you separately except New Hope Long Distance.
- If not requested when new service is established there will be a $10.00 connect fee for features.